About The Program
Become an accredited contest prep coach through Sports Nutrition Australia!
If you’re passionate about coaching contest prep athletes, this program will enable you to be insured while implementing effective practice for physique-based sports. Learn the skills required to structure an evidence-based contest preparation. Content will include, but is not limited to: training & nutrition programming across all phases, peak week strategies, and the recovery process following a competition season. At this stage there is no regulation surrounding best practice guidelines for physique sports, causing the use of ineffectual and potentially harmful preparation strategies. As a result, the goal of the program is to set an unprecedented standard for the safe and effective delivery of a contest preparation. Become confident in your knowledge and ability to deliver a structured plan which will not only achieve the desired outcome, but also prioritise the health and wellbeing of your client.
The accreditation program will cover an incredibly comprehensive range of topics relevant to all phases before, during and after the contest preparation period.
Improvement Season Phase
- Training & nutrition programming for hypertrophy
- Optimising metabolic capacity and energy availability
- Minicut implementation
- Mindset adjustment regarding nutrition and socialisation
- Achieving an optimal starting point (body composition) for the prep phase
- Establishing an appropriate timeline and rate of loss to attain the desired conditioning
- Development of habits and mindset associated with a preparation phase
- Training & nutrition programming specific for the preparation phase
- Achieving stage conditioning
- Maintenance of lean body mass
- Retaining metabolic capacity and energy availability
- Peak week strategies
- Mindset & behaviour for competitors
- Physical and mental recovery from the competitive season
- RED-S & energy availability
- Training & nutrition adjustments to optimise recovery
- Mindset shift
- Effective programming for all phases
- Application of key principles – volume, intensity, progression
- Implementation of deloads
Dietetic Considerations for Physique Athletes
- Nutritional guidelines and considerations for physique athletes
- Macronutrients and meal timing
- Rate of gain, rate of loss
- Ergogenic aids + sports supplements
Who Is The Program For?
This program is specifically designed for coaches wanting to specialise in contest preparation and invest in their career. Learn the skillsets required to apply evidence-based coaching and achieve successful and predictable outcomes that will prioritise the health of your client. In addition, completing the course will provide you with the opportunity to be insured and practice while being covered for conducting these specific coaching and career activities. If you are not a coach but would like to learn more about contest preparation, we highly recommend you attend our live seminars or purchase a digital copy!
Frequently Asked Questions
The estimated course length is 6 months for the theoretical component and 12 months for the practical component.
It is expected that you are able to dedicate approximately 4-6 hours of theory study per week. In addition, you will need to be consistent with your own practical training and nutrition protocols throughout the length of the course.
You must have completed a certificate with SNA and be currently ensured. Also, you must currently be enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate diploma.
This qualification allows you to prepare clients within physique-based sport in any division or federation worldwide. You become eligible for a professional insurance policy that covers you specifically for bodybuilding coaching activities.
Upon passing and completing this course, it provides you with the opportunity to be insured and practice while being covered for conducting these specific coaching and career activities.
The seminars are a broader and more introductory application of the content included in the course.