Want to understand the fundamental principles of nutrition for generating a result with your body from a weight management, or basic health outcome?
The Nutrition Fundamental Program is a course created to help you understand what really matters in nutrition, and is for people who don’t want to be “qualified” but they want the knowledge to understand and apply to themselves.
Commencing on Monday the 20th of November 2023
A short and simple course, that’s delivered 100% online, created for anyone looking to better understand the fundamental what’s, why’s and practical how-to’s behind healthful eating for weight management and flourishing health.
This course is designed to build your nutrition foundations
Understanding the Basic Theory of what influences nutrition.
Understand how to apply the Basic Theory to an individual, and how things differ from person to person.
Understanding Dietary Success
Understand the basic mechanics of Nutrition & what impacts a diets success
Learn how to practically apply the principles of healthy eating to your own or clients’ lifestyle in a feasible, non-abrasive and safe way.
Course Content Overview
- Intro to nutrition:
- Why diets work
- Principles of:
- Basics of nutrition physiology
- Energy systems & thermodynamics
- Macronutrients basics
- Nutrition literacy:
- The Australian dietary guides & how to use them
- Nutritional management strategies
- Goal-based nutritional interventions (weight loss/gain etc.)
- How to track progress
- Staying on track and managing mistakes
- Adherence strategies
- Common mistakes and inconsistencies with nutrition programs/diets
- Short/Medium/Long-term perspectives in weight management
- Plateaus and how to respond
- Lifestyle integration
- Post diet strategies
- Weight loss maintenance
- Critical thinking & avoiding BS
- KISS – Keeping It Simple
Nutrition for Fitness Professionals:
- What is total health?
- What a ‘healthy diet’ actually does and achieves.
- The fundamental mechanisms behind why ‘diets’ achieve weight management/loss.
- Introduction to the Australian Dietary guidelines.
- How the basic mechanics of the Australian Dietary Guidelines promote total health and weight management
- How to use the framework of the Australian Dietary Guidelines to guide clients to better results.
- A series of practical non-tracking nutrition strategies that can be used to guide a wider array of clients. Expanding the flexibility, adaptability and effectiveness of a the ‘practitioners toolbox’.
- Scope of practice and when to refer out.