Want to get better results with your clients through nutrition guidance, without getting formally qualified? Learn how to apply various non-tracking nutrition strategies to expand your ‘practitioner’s toolbox’, facilitating a more adaptable and bespoke service. Understand the basic mechanics of eating for total health, and how to apply them to a lifestyle in a feasible way.
Intake commencing Friday the 10th of September 2021 (intakes running quarterly)
A short and simple course, that’s delivered 100% online, created for anyone looking to better understand the fundamental what’s, why’s and practical how-to’s behind healthful eating for weight management and flourishing health.
This course is designed to build your nutrition foundations
Understanding the core role of the health professional in the context of nutrition.
Understand what ‘health’, and ‘healthy eating’ really means.
Australian Dietary Guidelines
Understand the basic mechanics of the Australian Dietary Guidelines.
Learn how to practically apply the principles of healthy eating to your own or clients’ lifestyle in a feasible, non-abrasive and safe way.
Course Content Overview
- What is total health?
- What a ‘healthy diet’ actually does and achieves.
- The fundamental mechanisms behind why ‘diets’ achieve weight management/loss.
- Introduction to the Australian Dietary guidelines.
- How the basic mechanics of the Australian Dietary Guidelines promote total health and weight management
- How to use the framework of the Australian Dietary Guidelines to guide clients to better results.
- A series of practical non-tracking nutrition strategies that can be used to guide a wider array of clients. Expanding the flexibility, adaptability and effectiveness of a the ‘practitioners toolbox’.
- Scope of practice and when to refer out.